Who is eligible to obtain a South Carolina hunting license?
To apply for a South Carolina hunting license, you must be at least 16 years of age. To ensure safety while hunting, the state requires all hunters to complete a hunter education class. When applying for your hunting licence, you will need to show a driver’s or other state ID.
Hunting in South Carolina
Hunting is a popular activity in South Carolina, which has many acres of rural and wooded areas. Hunting permits are required for both private and public land. The most common hunted species in the area are white-tailed deer and black bears. Wild turkeys, waterfowl, waterfowl and other small game are also popular.
What are the different types of hunting licenses in South Carolina?
There are many types of South Carolina hunting permits. You need to find the one that is right for you. Let’s take a look at some of them:
South Carolina Resident
You can apply for any resident hunting licence if you are a South Carolina resident and have a driver’s permit.
A non-resident license is required if you are visiting South Carolina or on vacation and wish to hunt. These licenses will be more costly.
Seniors and Youth
South Carolina residents 16-17 years old can apply for a youth hunting licence, while adults 65+ can apply for a senior hunting permit. Both are reduced hunting licenses.
A hunting permit is not required for military personnel. However, you must have your military ID.
What is the fine for hunting without a license?
Hunting without a license in South Carolina is a misdemeanor. It can result in a $50 to $500 fine and up 30 days imprisonment.
How to get a South Carolina hunting license on your own
South Carolina has many options for hunting licenses. You can apply online, by mail or by phone. Visit the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources at the SC State Farmers Market, West Columbia, Charleston and Clemson. You can also visit their website. You can also call 1-866-714-361 to arrange a license.
DoNotPay helps you to solve the challenges of getting a South Carolina hunting license
Aren’t you more likely to spend your time hunting in the woods than trying to navigate an outdated SCDNR website to obtain your South Carolina hunting permit? It doesn’t take a lot of stress or frustration to enjoy your favorite sport. Instead of spending hours hunting for your hunting license, open the DoNotPay app to take care of it in just a few seconds.
Types of South Carolina Hunting Licenses
South Carolina Resident
A resident is someone who resides permanently in South Carolina and holds a valid South Carolina driver’s license or ID card. Residents may be granted to non-resident students who are full-time and attend an institution in South Carolina, as well as active-duty military personnel. For more information on residency requirements, visit the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources website.
South Carolina hunters must possess a resident hunting licence for anyone 16 years old or older. Additional tags and permits may be required.
Non-residents must possess a nonresident hunting license for all persons 16 years old or older. Additional tags and permits may be required.
Youth Hunting License
Non-residents and residents of South Carolina under 16 years old are exempt from the requirement to obtain a hunting licence. They must possess permits and tags in order to hunt certain game species.
South Carolina residents 16-17 years old may apply for the Junior Sportsman License.
Senior Hunting License
Senior Lifetime Licenses may be available to South Carolina residents who are 64 years old or older. They must have been a resident of South Carolina at least 180 days.
South Carolina residents may be eligible to apply for the Disability Recreational Hunting and Fishing License. For more information, visit the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources website.
Veterans and Military Licenses
A resident hunting license can be purchased by active-duty military personnel who have been stationed in South Carolina for more than 30 days. Active-duty military personnel who are South Carolina citizens but are stationed abroad are exempt from the requirement to purchase a hunting licence while they are away. They must however purchase tags and permits to hunt certain game species.
Residents of veterans may be eligible to apply for the Disability Recreational Hunting and Fishing License. For more information, visit the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources website.
Migratory Waterfowl Needs
For hunting migratory waterfowl, hunters must have a South Carolina Migratory Bird Permit or the Federal Duck Stamp. Hunters must also show proof of participation in the Harvest Information Program.
Hunting licenses can be valid for up to three years after purchase. South Carolina residents can purchase a lifetime hunting licence.
- Barnett crossbows, the most trusted name in crossbows since 1952
- Introducing the hyper whitetail 410 – the first crossbow in barnett’s popular whitetail series powered by hyperflite technology. everything hunters love about the whitetail line is still here, including the durable stock with pass-through foregrip, soft rubber touchpoints and aluminum flight track, mossy oak country dna camo
- Hyper whitetail 410 ready to hunt crossbow package includes a halo illuminated 4×32 scope, rope cocking sled, rope cocking device, side mount quiver, two 22 hyperflite arrows, lube wax pre-installed string dampeners and picatinny rails for additional accessories, trigger tech zero creep frictionless trigger, crank cocking device compatible, hyperflite .204 small diameter arrow”
- Specs, shoots 410 feet per second, 210 draw weight, 141.8 ft lbs kinetic energy, 15.5 power stroke, overall weight 7.6 lbs, dimensions: axle to axle cocked 9.18″ crossbow dimensions: 36.25″ x 18.75″
- This crossbow ships to you mostly assembled, features anti dry fire safety trigger system and finger safety reminders, cnc machined aluminum flight track
- 1.Laser perforated design: Naturally designed hunting camouflage. Our camo face mask is made of thermally insulated material with a unique face perforation design to increase breathability, fit to the face without pinching your nose. This hunting face mask is well-sewn and fits firmly. It’s suitable for wearing with a helmet and goggles, keeping you warm while still being breathable and not fogging up your goggles.
- 2.Ultimate comfort: Our cloth masks are made of 92% Polyester and 8% Spandex, keeps you warm in wind and cold, has good breathability, easy to clean and fast drying. It’s resistant to pilling, stretching out of shape, fading, and absorbing odors and tailored for your head and face to ensure that the covering stays in place. The super-stretchy fabric keeps the neck cover in place without slipping. It adjusts to fit all face shapes and most head sizes, and is suitable for either men and women.
- 3.Thick fabric design: Our balaclava weighs 0.66 lbs, far more than the weight of ordinary cotton face masks. The polar fleece grain material can provide the best protection for your face and head even when the temperature is below freezing. The small pocket on both sides keep your ears warm and protect them from cold wind. The mask is very effective in providing face protection against wind, dust, ultraviolet rays and is suitable for use when riding motorcycles or engaging in outdoor sports.
- 4.Makes a great gift: Our balaclava face mask makes great gifts for hunters! A perfect hunting accessory, ideal for women, men and children, you can use our winter face mask for skiing, horseback riding, fishing, snowboarding, motorcycling, hiking, or rock climbing. You can wear this hunting face mask by itself, using it as a full-face mask and hat, or open the balaclava for use as a semi-ski mask or bandana face mask. You can also wear it under a helmet and with glasses or goggles.
- 5.Buy with confidence: Our ski mask keeps you warm, dry, and comfortable all day long. It is suitable for men and women with a head circumference of 25 inches or less. If you have any problems or are not 100% satisfied with our balaclava camo face mask for any reason, please feel free to contact our customer support. We will help you solve the problem within 24 hours.
- 【Comfortable and Breathable】 – Made of highly elastic soft polyester cloth, quite flexible for hand movement. Wears very soft and comforable.
- 【Fingerless Design】- Fingerless design for thumb and index finger, it will be more flexible and available for any hand movements without taking off.
- 【Palm Anti-slip Design】 – The palm and finger parts are covered by mesh anti-slip silicone, which will makes the grip firmer and easier.
- 【Two Size to Choose】 – Extend your hand flat. With a ruler, measure the hand just below the fingers, but above the thumb. You can also refer to the picture.Hand size: M: 3.54”/9cm;L:3.94”/10cm. M size is uaually for man hands,L size is usually for large man hands.
- 【Various Uses】 – It can be used in a variety of equipments ,such for Hunting, Shooting, Wildfowling, Stalking, Paintball, Airsoft, Surveillance, Wildlife Photography, Film Sets, Nightclubs, Kids Play Dens, Tree Houses,etc